Happy Day

Happy Day

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Broken Promise

So I told myself when I started this blog that I wouldn't let it consume me, you know become a big time mommy blogger!  (LOL) No worries here since my writing has become almost non existent.  I guess I use to think writing was a release for me, something just for me to get my feelings out and to feel better.  Well, now I see it is just one more thing on my overflowing to do list.  I want to do better because I started this blog for my kids, to journal their craziness.  I honestly just don't have time to write.  I really want it documented and if I could delegate it I would.....well laundry first then blog.  When my husband is home on the weekends (who is BTW a huge help cooking etc.) has made comments about how in the world do I get anything done besides basic care of everyone?  Truth is, it does get hectic and yes ,I do lose my patience sometimes but being a mother to 5 beautiful children really isn't too hard.  I think it could be so much harder: I could have to work (bless the working mothers), I could have a child with a disability or illness, or I could be doing it as a single mother.  When put in those terms life is pretty easy.  So why do I find it so hard to take an hour and blog about my day?  Too tired, need to go workout, need to fold the laundry, I would rather shop for a new dress for our trip, finish that book you started 2 months ago, sleep...........these are just a couple excuses:-)  I do want to do better for my monkeys so I am going to try.  Here are some fun things to remember for my kids:

Grace turned 7 and she got a brand new room with new bed, bedding, dresses, and pink walls.
We are have finished our basement and I love it!
Now we are remodeling out bathrooms due to a leak:-(
Grace lost her 2 front teeth and is adorable
Alice got her front teeth in and I think she could be the prettiest little girl
Alice is the craziest climber ever......stairs, couch, fireplace, coffee table.
Jake is walking and looks just like Daddy.
J is a very happy daddy's boy
Sam our crazy child.  He says things like "Are you mad at me? Yes you are." It is so funny when he does it!
S is way to smart for us.
G&D have done an amazing job in swim team this year and officially know how to swim!!!!
S is also a fish in the baby pool
Drew went to wrestling camp and loved it.  He is going again this week.
D is really coming out of his shell and gaining so much confidence.
My kids are amazing travelers and did a 18 drive straight.  One minor incident of gum in Sam's hair.  If you ask him he will say that he will never ever put gum in his hair again, I promise.  Just in case WD40 takes it right out.
Hubby and I enjoyed the best date day we climbed Waterdog and then all the way up to the Continental Divide.  We went on a 2 hour jeep ride that was meant for 4 wheelers......little scary at times.  I loved it and the quiet lunch that followed!

Well, lil monkeys I sure do love you and all the craziness you bring into my life!!!!  I just want to write down more of it so I can tell ya when you are older.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment