Happy Day

Happy Day

Friday, July 30, 2010

Naps Are Wasted on the Young

If someone put a fuzzy footed sleeper on me, gave me some milk, turned on a fan and a sound machine, gave me my favorite blanket, kissed me gently, and stroked my forehead and cheek I would be out like a light for at least 3 hours.  Seriously maybe 4.  So why when I do this to my kids do they not fall into a bliss state of complete relaxation?  Instead, Sam comes out every 5 minutes and says "I am awake I had a great nap."  Jake takes his bottle and plays the drums on his crib and takes off his sleeper.  Alice squeals and takes her clothes off......seriously how do they do that?  If they do go to sleep they are often woke up by someone yelling, crying or a door slam.......(ugh) they never go back to sleep either.  Then, the next 2 hours while I am trying clean, do dishes, laundry, and make an edible dinner they are crying.....screaming.......fussing......throwing themselves on the ground.  It really makes me long for the days when I just had 2 or 3 kids (no I am not giving anyone way.........well maybe around nap time so I can get something done:-) and they all laid down at the same time and slept.  The house was so quiet I go so much done or just took an nap right a long with them.  As with everything I know this is just a phase and soon they will be napping again great.  We do have those rare days I can get 3 to sleep at the exact time for 2 hours.......pure heaven.  Here to hoping today is one of those days!!!!! "Kids nap time!!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment